In this post, I’ll write about my long process to find a setup that lets me be more productive and flexible in how I work with my various sites, projects, blog etc. I will descibe how I moved away from my old hosting provider and Wordpress and how I finally found a setup that lets me create content on my iPad Pro.
This is an updated version of talk I gave at CocoaHeads Sthlm in April 2017. The
talk was on how to use Alamofire to talk to an api, AlamofireObjectMapper to map
its responses, use the Alamofire
RequestRetrier to automatically retry failing
requests and use
RequestAdapter to adapt all requests. I also demonstrated how
to use Realm to seamlessly add offline support, using the decorator pattern.
In this post, I will show how to reduce the amount of code you have to type when
testing enums, by using the new
In this blog post, I will show how to automate setting up Xcode for you and your
team, including setting up required tools, simplify enforcing common conventions
Fastlane in a way that is easy to extend if you need
to automate more tasks later on.
After installing Xcode 10 yesterday, I started migrating some libraries to Swift
4.2. While most migrations were painless, one caused me some headache, since the
library depends on
SwiftyDropbox which does not yet support Swift 4.2.
In this post, I’ll describe how you can automate setting up a brand new Mac with a terminal script that will install system software, applications, configure the computer etc. This will help you setup a new Mac in minutes.
After putting years into iOS and Swift development, I have come to a point where I am pretty happy with my project structure, code conventions, coding habits etc.
This year, I decided not to wait a while year before installing the latest macOS, so I grabbed it as a beta, installed it and didn’t look back. Before doing so, I also created a setup script that quickly can setup a clean computer from scratch. I am not that brave.
It’s been a long time coming, but I have eventually gotten around to replace all
NSCoding objects in my Swift libraries with
Codable. This post covers things
that I’ve learned along the way.
In an app of mine, I had an idea on how to redesign how we extend protocol-based
domain models. However, what first looked like a walk in the park, turned into a
Swift nightmare, with problems that I am still struggling with.
In my previous post, I wrote about how I do not like iOS delegates and target/selectors and how I prefer to use closures.
After hearing so many good things about
RxSwift and not having the opportunity
to try it at work, I decided to use it when I rewrote an old app of mine.