We will probably use ImageGen in a project that I’m currently working on. People who have used it before really seem to like it, so I look forward to try it out.
I have spend some time experimenting with the new HTML 5
ViewState is ASP.NET’s way of simulating state in the otherwise state-less web
environment. It is a bag of bytes that is sent back and forth between the client
and server. It is then deserialized by the server, which can use it to restore a
previous state in its components.
About a year ago, I had problems when sending data to a PHP page, using AJAX. In
order to be able to unpack the data, I had to use
stripslashes, which does not
seem good. However, since it worked, I let it be without further considerations.
As some of my hobby projects are coming together, I have meant to move them from Google Code to GitHub for quite some time. Tonight, I decided to give it a try.
Yesterday, I got a demonstration of NuPack: a free, open source, developer-focused package manager for .NET. It looked awesome, so I visited the web site, downloaded NuPack and gave it a try. This is how you do it:
I love the jqGrid jQuery plugin. If you have not tried it yet, I really think you should.
After some time, I have finally got my thumb out and added an NDepend project to one of my hobby project solution, to get some analyzing done before releasing it.
Yesterday, I built a simple demo page where I demonstrate how easily you can get fonts.com Web Fonts to work.
The time has finally come to throw Arial and Verdana and a bunch of other crappy fonts into the trash bin (Helvetica can stay for a while), as Monotype, Linotype and ITC (and others) have teamed up and developed a really cool service.
I have been trying to find info on how to get the name of the current controller and action in ASP.NET MVC. Eventually, I found out how to:
Since I’m no real PHP developer (just pretending) I have only now started to use PHP 5.3.2, although it was released quite long ago. The reason to this is that I have just installed Aptana Studio 2, which comes with PHP 5.3.2, so I guess it’s time to learn it.
Today, my collegue Johan Driessen showed me a CSS fix for a problem that happens when a div container has nested, floating divs. This causes the div container to not resize according to the size of its nested elements, as such:
This post describes how to solve the problem that model validation will not work for ASP.NET MVC 2 (.NET 4.0), when testing a model that uses DataAnnotations and MetadataType to describe for its validation.
I am currently working with model validation in ASP.NET, using an Entity Framework 4
DataAnnotations and partial classes with
I have previously used both MooTools and jQuery as embedded toolkits in projects of mine. I have used MooTools a lot longer than jQuery, but as I have moved more and more towards jQuery, I now only use MooTools for its nice type capabilities.
I am currently implementing CSS file bundling in a way that uses a virtual path to a PHP file, as such:
I am currently working on a css bundler, where I have to be able to bundle files from many different folders.
I have a license for R# at work. It’s a really nice utility that helps me save a lot of time. Besides providing a lot of shortcuts and extensions to Visual Studio, it also integrates NUnit in a very convenient way.
I am currently playing around with developing an adventure board game in XNA, in which players can play various missions that take place on a tile-based board. I am a full-blown XNA newbie who takes this approach to learn the platform, but it is a lot of fun.
I am currently developing an adventure board game in XNA, where players can play missions that take place on a board that is made up of horizontal tiles. It is a lot like the amazing, old board game Hero Quest.
I have recently been playing around with the XNA framework to get a grasp at how to develop games for the XBOX 360. It is great fun, but quite different from the development I usually do. So far, I have a game engine foundation, which lets me create generate missions from image/text file tuples, where the image determines the mission’s board and the text file describes the mission, emenies, goals etc.
After a couple of evenings, my first (really simple) iPhone app is taking shape. However, since I am a .NET developer at heart, it is painfully clear how spoiled I have become by all amazing Visual Studio features.
I have now created my first iOS app UI. It’s a nice tab bar that toggles between four different views. This $$$ are not far away now.
I recently picked up my old, black beast from my basement, where it has lived in solitude since I bought my Wii. Since it is old and much has happened with the video game indistry since it came out, I don’t game on my XBOX anymore. I use it to play around with the XBOX MediaCenter software, instead. After upgrading XBMC to the latest version, a friend of mine told me about XOT-Uzg, which is a script that can be used to stream web TV.
I have some strange updates regarding the greeen/orange blinking MagSafe I wrote about yesterday, where the LED on the MagSafe toggles between green orange, even though my new battery is fully loaded.
In my last entry, I wrote about problems with my MacBook (strangely though, this computer is by far the best I’ve ever had…which says a LOT about PC:s :)
I have previously written about my numerous problems with my new, white MacBook, which I purchased in August 2007. For instance:
I have started looking at XNA, which I’ve been longing to do for quite some time now. My friend Jens came over to guide me some of the basics, and after a little configuration, we happily loaded random textures by pressing space.