I am using Doxygen to generate a web-based documentation from my well-documented NExtra project’s source code. Doxygen also supports extracting the documentation in various formats (HTML, LaTex, .man, XML etc.). I’ll go with HTML for now.
A habit I’ve grown into as someone who spends 80% of his time awake in front of a computer, is to prefer seeing all files in a folder when I use Explorer or Finder. However, Explorer or Finder have grown into an equal habit of not showing me all files in a folder. So, how to bend them to our will?
Edit August 28, 2010 SleepWatcher has been changed and differs compared to the information found in the link below. This approach does, however, still work, as does the modified script that I provide below.
When paginating collections in C#, I find the following extension methods useful:
I have been trying to use special characters (like « and ») in model errors that I add to the model state.
From time to time, I forget where the various classes are defined. So, here is a short tutorial to how you get JSON working in C#:
As I continue to work on the NerdDinner tutorial, I have discovered that some of my development patterns has to change. Surprise? One thing that has to change is how I write tests with NUnit, when testing my repositories.
I have finally got around to create my first web site with ASP.NET MVC 1.0. After looking through the nice started example, I noticed that .css files were manually included in the master page.
Sometimes, it may be handy to retrieve all classes that inherit a certain class. This is not hard, but perhaps a bit obscure:
NOTE: This post was written in 2009. Although the core logic has not changed since then, the implementation has. For the lastest implementation, check out my NExtra project on GitHub.
When developing .NET applications, XML comments is a good way of documenting the code (looking back in 2015, my advice would be to not state the obvious, though).
I have had a lot of problems with getting URL rewriting to work in Windows Vista, running IIS 7. Compared to IIS 6, virtual paths in IIS 7 will not allow extensions like .js, .css, which is really problematic if you are working on systems that use shared files in virtual paths.
I am currently having problems with using the Single MP3 Player with the jQuery Flash plugin. To see how the plugin works, check out this page.
I currently have problems with identifying the project root in a PHP project. The separate ways to do so are easy enough, but have problems combining them.
After a very interesting conference talk on Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development, I have finally started getting familiar with it, using NUnit to write unit tests while developing in .NET and C#.
I have had some serious problems with UTF8 and PHP’s built-in JSON functionality. After solving it, I realized that it was not even an UTF-8 issue, but a JSON one.
I have been trying out Twitter and Jaiku (a couple of years too late). Since the two services basically do the same thing, I have evaluated which service that is the best fit for my needs. Keeping both accounts would just be a hassle, since I would have to keep both feeds going.
In a project where I use the handy DataGridView control I, bind a data source to
a grid view, then listen for the
SelectionChanged event. When the event is fired,
I enable or disable other controls according to the data that is contained in the
grid. For instance, I disable a move down button if I have less than two items in
the list, or if the selected row is the last one.
After clean installing Windows Vista on my work computer, then installing Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008, I suddenly faced problems with using dynamic ports when developing web applications in ASP.NET.
After upgrading to Windows Vista, I have had many problems to run Visual Studio 2008 and IIS 7 on it. For instance, IIS URL Rewriting does not work as it did earlier.
On my spare time, I develop a PHP web application on OS X and thus test my sites in Firefox, Safari and Opera on a daily basis. Every once in a while, however, I also verify that the code works in Internet Explorer.
A while ago, I was assigned to optimize a really slow web site. The problems were numerous, like loading all content of an expandable dashboard with tons of data at once, instead of when the user expanded each section.